9.01.2010

Autumn - Gainesville Family Blog


I think the beginning of Autumn was the perfect time to start this blog.  I love fall.  I know, we don't get real fall weather until later in the year....and sometimes not at all.  But we still have a lot of great fall activities.
School just started, with all of the fun activities that go along with that.
Football and other sports seasons are beginning.
There are fall festivals, pumpkin patches, corn maizes, haunted houses....all in the next couple of months.
Have you checked out the CSI: Crime Scene Insects exhibit at the Florida Museum of Natural History yet?  I love that place, and this looks like a really cool exhibit. 
Every Friday night, there are Free Friday concerts at the Bo Diddley Community Plaza.  These are so low-key and fun.  Just bring some lawn chairs or a blanket and settle down to enjoy live music.  We also like to bring a picnic-style dinner.  The kids can run around and dance while you relax and enjoy the band!  It's located at 111 E University Avenue, near the Main Library.
Speaking of the library, there are always fun events for kids and adults going on at your nearest library.  They also offer exercise classes like Zumba and Yoga.  They even have gardening classes....as a novice, I need those!  Just go to www.aclib.us to find out what's going on at your local branch!
I'd love it if you leave me a comment, or share this blog with your friends.  I hope to become a valuable resource for local families!

No comments: