9.03.2010

Labor Day Weekend - Gainesville Family Blog

From what I can see, there aren't a whole lot of exciting things going on around Gainesville this Labor Day Weekend.  So I think my family and I are going to head to the Springs!
In case you don't know, we have some beautiful and amazing springs in the area.   They're not just for divers.  They're tons of fun for swimming and snorkeling, as well as cookouts, if you're lucky enough to grab a grill that's not in use.
In High Springs, Florida there are several beautiful springs.  Ginnie SpringsPoe Springs, and Blue Springs are all located off of State Road 27/41 in High Springs.  Manatee Springs is another favorite of my family, located in Chiefland, Florida.  Visit their respective websites for directions, hours, admission prices, and beautiful pictures. 
These springs are also great for camping, but of course it's too late to reserve a campsite for this weekend.  Many of the springs also offer canoeing and kayaking.
Speaking of which, if you're interested in paddling the Santa Fe River, check out Santa Fe Canoe Outpost,
also located in High Springs.

Manatee Springs
Ginnie Springs

                                                       



And seriously, you have not lived if you have not yet tubed down the Ichetucknee.   It's like a rite of passage for kids who grow up in this area, and it's a ton of fun for adults as well. 


Ichetucknee Springs




I hope you find a fun way to beat the heat this 
Labor Day Weekend! 

1 comment:

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

Hi Cyndy,

Noticed that you were following my blog. :) Thanks for stopping by. I also noticed that you live in Gainesville...Thats where I live!!

I don't think I know you. Your picture doesn't look familiar to me. Either way....nice meeting you!


And yep...I have tubed down the Ichetucknee. It is so much fun.

Thanks again for stopping by. I'll put your blog on my side so I remember to come back and visit.

Chris